Assistant Director Correctional Training
|Department||DPSCS Police and Correctional Training Commissions|
|Date Opened||1/24/2017 2:54:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/7/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,193.00 – $85,401.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kristina Metzger|
This is a Special Appointment position with the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services. The incumbent serves at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
6852 4th Street, Sykesville, MD 21784
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to assist the Director of Correctional Training, provide direct supervision to the Captains and to act on behalf of the Director when unavailable. The incumbent must be familiar with all training programs and the operations of Corrections agencies and institutions.
Some of the duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination and oversight of In-service and entry-level Training for all institutions throughout the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services
- Coordination and oversight of Field Training Officer Program for the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services
- Coordinates with Training Director, Regional Coordinators, and Program Managers to develop and provide training programs that address Departmental needs and maintains professional training for all Department employees. Maintains familiarity with program approval process, approves programs, and maintains and oversees adjunct instructors for In-Service and Field Training Programs
- Coordinates and assists in developing In-service training for Supervisors in the DPSCS
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures. Three years of experience in conducting, coordinating or overseeing training programs. One year of this experience must have been a corrections or law enforcement setting.
- Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
- Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year to year basis for the required general experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year to year basis for the required education and experience.
All persons who meet the minimum qualifications will be approved on the certification list and will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
Submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the “other” tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: Kristina Metzger
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309 Baltimore, MD 21215
For more information, please call 410-585-3060
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Please apply online at www.dpscs.maryland.gov