This is the final update on the event to be held next Sunday, September 29, at the Humidour Cigar Shoppe located at
2 Sherwood RoadCockeysville, MD21030.
There have been some changes, which are listed in this paragraph. The previous email is included, please feel free to forward this to friends/family. Mixed drinks are now included with BBQ and beverages. Due to the amount of people we are expecting, there will no longer be access to the VIP area at cost, this will be reserved for SWAT operators from our department and surrounding jurisdictions. We received a generous pre-donation to accommodate this. Due to the number of gift baskets we received, we will be holding raffle drawings for our pre-assembled gift baskets throughout the day. The Lutheran and Episcopal churches on Sherwood Road have opened their parking lots starting at 12:30pm. Parking is available on York Road and Railroad Avenue within walking distance. We will be running two shuttles from Titan Crossfit starting at 12:00pm. On-sight parking is reserved for handicapped vehicles and members of Jason Schneider’s family. Pc07 traffic officers will be on York Rd to assist with parking and provide directions. Cash will be fastest, but are able to take credit and checks. The cost for this event is still at ZERO, so every penny spent will go directly to the Jason Schneider Memorial Fund.
This event will run from 11am to 5pm at the Humidour. Mission BBQ is providing food, and the Tailgate Taskforce will be there with their trailer. We will have Miller Light, Yuengling, Harp, and Guinness on tap, as well as sodas and water. The cost for food, beer and beverages is $5.00 per person for police, firefighters/EMS, teachers and their families. The cost to the general public is $10.00 per person. Bartenders from the Hard Yacht Café will be on hand to assist the Tailgate Taskforce volunteers.
In addition to the Humidour’s lounges, there will be tented outdoor seating and tables available. The Ravens vs. Bills game will be shown on TVs throughout the shop and on 3 projection screens outside. DJ Nick Paros will be broadcasting WBAL’s coverage of the game outside. During halftime a bagpiper will play “Amazing Grace” and we will raise a glass to our fallen brother.
All items for raffle and auction, food, beverages, tents, port-a-johns, and everything else planned for the event are 100% donated. The business community has really come through with an overwhelming show of support; in addition to the items listed below we have pre-raised over $4500.00. We have custom T-shirts being made up to thank those who spend $200.00 or more on Sunday, as well as stickers with the same logo for the first 300 attendees. The shirts will not be available afterwards. All SWAT operators (any jurisdiction) will have complimentary VIP access.
Here are the items for silent auction and raffle:
– Traditions BuckStalker .50 24″ muzzleloader w/ 3-9×32 scope, mounted & bore sighted
– Ravens watch from Bromwell Jewelers
– Adcor B.E.A.R. GI Elite rifle
– Windham Weaponry M4 complete upper receiver
– 2 Aimpoint Patrol Rifle optics
– Marlin .22 rifle and duck decoy from Ducks Unlimited
– Stanley Black and Decker 12V Max 1/4″ impact driver, 12V Max 3/8″ Drill/Driver
– Cub Cadet snow blower, Echo leaf blower, Stihl Farm Boss chainsaw
– 3 certificates for one-day training sessions at Center Mass Combat Tactics
– Tactical gear and gift certificates from Atlantic Tactical ($700.00 package), Maryland Police Supply, The Gun Connection, Bri-Bet Police supply, MD Quartermaster, Tripwire Operations Group, LWRCI
– Golf foursomes at Maryland Golf and Country Club, Winters Run Golf Club and Sparrows Point Golf Club
– Golf passes for two at Eagle’s Landing in OceanCity
– 2 night stay in a historic apartment in downtown Annapolis
– 6 person fishing charter from Diamond Fishing Charters
– Signed Cal Ripken baseball
– Signed Chris Davis bat
– Signed Haloti Ngata jersey
– Signed Ravens and Orioles sports memorabilia from Robbie’s First Base
– Pandora bracelet w/ charms from Smyth Jewelers
– Gift certificates for a complete spa treatment and spa products from Persona Day Spa in Bel Air
– 4 passes to the MD Irish Festival, Annapolis Irish Festival, Shrewsbury Irish Festival and Irish Music
– Photo shoots w/ photos from Carol Ruth Photography (includes framed photo of APC) and Slipstream Photography
– Gift certificates for complete auto detailing at Auto Spa in Cockeysville
– Custom made Espatoon by Sean Cuddy
– Backpack and coolers from REI
– Over $800.00 in local restaurant gift certificates including The Greene Turtle, The Macaroni Grille, Vito’s Café, The Corner Stable and more
– Beer signs and merchandise
– Gift baskets from police organizations, charities and businesses.
– Cigars, accessories and merchandise from the Humidour
Some of these items will be auctioned off in clipboard auctions. The remaining items will be assembled in bundles from $400.00 to $1,000.00 in value and raffled off “Greek Auction” style. Each basket will have a bag attached where raffle tickets can be dropped. The more tickets placed by a bidder in a particular bag, the greater the chances of winning. Raffle tickets will be available where food tickets are purchased and inside of the shop. We are keeping the food prices low so that those in attendance can bid on some of these donations. We will also have 50/50 raffles and some giveaways. For those leaving early, we will provide envelopes where you can write your name, phone number and ticket series; if you win a basket the Humidour will hold it for you. Raffle drawings will begin at 4:15pm.
Parking will be available at the Lutheran church just up
(there is staircase leading to the Humidour). The Episcopal church across the street has opened up their parking lot starting at 12:30. Overflow parking is available in the business/industry park located off of Railroad Avenue, and we will be running a shuttle from the parking lot of Titan Crossfit after 12pm.
Donations are still coming in; look for a final update later in the week. FOP4 and the Police Emerald Society of Baltimore have lent their support, and we only need a few more volunteers for the event. If you are interested in helping out please send an email to email@example.com or call/text my cell at 717-645-7286.