A dedicated and dependable live-in employee to protect a private residence and all property, interact with family members, staff, vendors and visitors.
The work hours for this position are primarily during the evening, weekends, holidays and when the employer is away.
You will reside in the Security Caretaker’s private apartment on the ground floor of the residence.
Sick, personal and vacation leave is included.
- Protect the residence, family, property and staff by maintaining a 24/7 safe and secure environment;
- Control and monitor access at all entrances, including visitors, groups and event guests;
- Manage all fire/flood detectors, security alarm systems, indoor/outdoor video cameras and operate detecting/emergency equipment;
- Respond to alarms, assess the situation and take necessary actions; develop a strong rapport with the security company;
- Become familiar with and monitor contractors and vendors associated with the residence, e.g. landscapers, trash collections, deliveries, etc.;
- Observe and take accurate detailed notes of any occurrences and provide reports of suspicious incidents;
- Become familiar with the art and valuable objects throughout the residence and their various alarms, care and maintenance;
- Provide backup to household staff as needed from time-to-time, e.g. answering the phones and taking messages, receiving visitors and packages .
Proven work experience in security, with fire/flood and security alarm systems;
Knowledge of safety and security procedures and protocols;
Surveillance, observation and communication skills.
The position pays $70-80k with a tremendous benefit package to include a one bedroom apartment (nice size) in the main house.