Bank Robber Sent Away for 20 Years for Stealing $157,000

October 21, 2011

A 37-year-old man was sentenced to 20 years in prison on Thursday for helping rob a bank in Harbor East and stealing $157,000. Federal authorities said that the man’s accomplice has already been sent to prison for 15 years.

Bank robberies in Baltimore typically net only a few thousand dollars — the so-called “bait money” that tellers set aside. The typical bank robber is armed with a note more often than a gun. But this case was far more brazen.

Prosecutors with the Maryland U.S. Attorney’s Office said the gunmen hit the Harbor Bank branch in the 1000 block of Lancaster St. on March 11, 2010. The man sentenced Thursday, Jenerette Dixon, 35, jumped over the counter and forced tellers at gunpoint to open the vault.

Police said the Dixon and his accomplice used a fake bomb to slow police response.

More details from the Maryland U.S. Attorney’s Office below:

U.S. District Judge Benson E. Legg sentenced Jenerette Dixon, age 37, of Baltimore, Maryland, today to 20 years in prison, followed by three years of supervised release, for conspiracy to commit bank robbery, armed bank robbery, and possessing, using and brandishing a firearm during a crime of violence.  Dixon was convicted on May 5, 2011, after a four day jury trial.  Judge Legg enhanced Dixon’s sentence based on two previous robbery convictions.
The sentence was announced by United States Attorney for the District of Maryland Rod J. Rosenstein; Special Agent in Charge Richard A. McFeely of the Federal Bureau of Investigation; and Baltimore Police Commissioner Frederick H. Bealefeld III.
According to evidence introduced at trial, Dixon robbed the Harbor Bank located at 1000 Lancaster Street at gunpoint on March 11, 2010.  Dixon hurdled the bank counter, herded two bank tellers at gunpoint into the vault area, and forced a teller to open the vault.  He and his accomplice, Nebuzarada Nisseau-Bey, made off with $157,000 in bank funds.  According to trial testimony, the robbery was planned by Dixon, who conducted video surveillance of the bank in advance of the robbery.  He also utilized a fake bomb to slow down police response to the robbery and to keep bank employees and customers from interfering with the robbery.
Nisseau-Bey, age 33, of Baltimore, pleaded guilty for his role in the robbery and was sentenced as a career offender to 15 years in prison.
United States Attorney Rod J. Rosenstein commended the FBI, and Baltimore Police Department for their work in this investigation and thanked Assistant United States Attorneys James G. Warwick and Kristi N. O’Malley, who prosecuted the case.


… Goodbye, Mr. Dixon and Mr. Nisseau-Bey. …


Comments are closed.