Security Operations Center Operator
iXP Corporation has immediate openings for full and part-time Security Operations Center (SOC) Operators in the Baltimore area for a 24/7 monitoring facility. Full time Operators needed for all shifts. Part-time Operators needed weekend shifts and fill-in shifts 24/7. We are looking for reliable, public safety focused individuals. Prior military, law enforcement, or SOC experience preferred, but not required.
Description of Duties
Security Operations Center personnel shall perform duties, such as:
Monitor and respond to security alarms in accordance to corporate security policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Clearly write detailed reports on criminal or suspicious activity and / or informational accounts of sufficient quality to be used in legal action.
- Operate and test security systems.
- Monitor person and vehicular access control systems.
- Operate various communications equipment including conventional, cellular, and satellite telephones and radios.
- Make emergency and routine notifications.
- Properly address inquiries from Executive Management.
- Ensure compliance to corporate reporting requirements.
- Retrieve data and information from security systems.
- Adhere to written or verbal instructions received from Corporate Security personnel.
- Be familiar with security and contingency plans for the various sites that comprise the corporate enterprise.
- Able to complete mandatory training and certification requirements imposed by regulations governing the operation of the Security Operation Center and personnel assigned thereto.
- Coordinate with local, state, and federal law enforcement and emergency services.
- Perform other duties as necessary to fulfill the mission of the Corporate Security Team.
- Utilize Microsoft Windows based operating systems and applications.
Selection of Security Operations Center personnel shall include consideration of positive character traits and personal motivation. Applicants shall possess and display mental and emotional stability and have the capability of exercising sound judgment under pressure.
In addition, the following requirements shall apply to all applicants:
Be able to start immediately.
- Become familiar with corporate security policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Be able to read and fully comprehend, in the English language, work instructions, and regulations under which the company must operate.
- Be able to write in English legibly and meaningful fashion.
- Be able to speak English in a satisfactory fashion so as to be able to communicate in person, by telephone or by radio.
- Be a minimum age of 21 years.
- Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent GED.
- Pass a chemical test and analysis for the detection of illegal use of drugs, which complies with corporate standards for drug testing.
- Ability to drive or be driven to central and reserve SOC facilities in Baltimore, MD.
- Possess a working knowledge of and experience with basic computer usage skills, and at least one (1) year of work experience with Windows based software and the Microsoft desktop environment to include experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Pass a medical AND psychological examination to ensure an individual is physically fit, without disease or defects of a physical or mental nature which could impede performance of the required duties .
- In addition to the above, offers of employment will be contingent on the successful passing of a background investigation process to include:
- Verification of Identity (True ID)
- Employment History (Past 7 Years)
- Education History
- Military Service (if applicable)
- Criminal History
- Three Reference Checks
- Motor Vehicle Administration Check
- Credit Check
Previous military, law enforcement, or console operator experience preferred but not required.
Full Time Benefits
- Medical and life insurance
- 401(k) with employer match program
- Paid Time Off
How to Apply
To be considered for employment with iXP Corporation and learn more about this position you may contact iXP Human Resources, at 609-409-7272. Resumes may be faxed to 609-409-7623 or emailed to jobsMD@ixpcorp.com.
Join us in the continued effort to keep Baltimore’s infrastructure safe and secure!